Sarasota Florida School Districts
Moving to Sarasota with school-age children? You’re in luck. The Sarasota, Florida school district is one of the best in the state and both public and private schools in the area are highly rated in general. Since the quality of area schools also affects home values, this is good news for those who don’t have children but who want to invest in Sarasota, FL real estate, as well.
Since Sarasota is not as densely populated as other urban areas, there’s only one Sarasota, Florida school district—Sarasota County Public Schools. The district administers 64 schools, including special, alternative and charter schools, and its budget per student is significantly higher than the state and country average.
As previously mentioned, while schools here are generally of a high quality, there are those that consistently stand out from the rest. Here’s a brief look at some of the most highly rated public and private schools in Sarasota:
- Southside Elementary School, consistently given an “A” rating by the Florida Department of Education (FLDE).
- Ashton Elementary School, also usually gets an “A” grade from the FLDE.
- Fruitville Elementary School, has gotten an “A” grade year after year and also hosts the county’s Magnet Program for Gifted Students.
- Sarasota Middle School, “A” rating from the FLDE and students regularly score well above the state average in the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT).
- Sarasota School of Arts and Sciences, a charter school in the downtown area and has received an “A” from the FLDE since its founding.
- Suncoast Polytechnical High School, a magnet high school for students with an aptitude for technology
- Sarasota Military Academy, a charter high school with an emphasis on discipline and leadership in a military context.
- Incarnation Catholic School, a recipient of the 2008 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence award from the U.S. Department of Education.
- St. Martha Catholic School, a 2011 National Blue Ribbon School.
- Julie Rohr Academy, known for its arts program.
For more information on the Sarasota, Florida school district and the best neighborhoods for families, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Key Solutions Real Estate Group, your Sarasota, Florida real estate specialist.